"1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY"
ONE YEAR ago today, I believe I way laying in my bed thinking of a craft blog.... I have enjoyed so many craft blogs over the year and still do... and I love being creative, so anyhoo, I laid there thinking and thinking of a blog name that was fun and catchy. When CraftOManiac came to me I ran to the comp. to see if it was available and it was. WA-HOO!
SO THE JOURNEY began.... When I first started blogging I didn't really put a lot of heart and soul into it. I was still so focused on my Family Life, Decor blog that had over 360 followers. I mean why would I FOCUS ON a craft blog with only 32 followers (that was my mind set then) .... So I just kept blogging on LarsenLoves. Throwing up a craft here and there. Then something started to happen followers started following more and more. HUH? So your enthusiasm goes up.. THEN your drive for more is peeked. "This was so FUN!" I loved crafting and grew up with an extremely talented mother and crafter, was it in me? YES' it was. thanks mom. I was getting followers and comments and all the while loving the craft time and blogging time. YOU have to love what you do first and for most. So I kept up on it, trying to be as creative and original as I could. Ideas would come to me and I could hardly sit still until I made the craft, took pictures and blogged them.
(I am still this way now HE!) Throughout the year I have gained so many followers, bloggy love, friends, comments, emails etc. Its a wonderful community of love support and friendship. Its truly the best for me. Again, love it or you won't enjoy it.
Some of MY PERSONAL TIPS would BE: (these are just my opinions over my one year experience, doesn't mean I am right!)
- GREAT PICTURES- you know the saying a pic. is worth a thousand words? WELL its true. Have you ever seen a photo that almost made you cry or did make you cry? (not that my crafts would do that HA!) WELL I HAVE. take great pics. I use a point and shoot and its nothing fancy, I have learned that NO FLASH and great LIGHTING IS KEY. Take photos near great light or outside.
- Blog OFTEN- at least 3 times a week. There are blogs I don't follow anymore because they don't blog that much or ever.
- Love it or Leave it!- Again, don't make this a race or a competition- BE YOU, have fun love what you do.
- Don't follow everyone's blog because they either follow you or tell you that they are your newest follower. I realize that you may feel that you want to, need to, or should, but this especially is important as your numbers goes up. Its truly "TRULY" IMPOSSIBLE to follow every blog and be devoted to them as well. I would never want anyone to follow my blog unless they truly liked or LOVED it! ;) You need to follow blogs that peek your interest. I have read this same thing on other blogs over several years, and its true true advise- FOLLOW what you love.
- Make your blog look amazing and reader friendly. Heather of Butterflygirlms is the diva behind my blog looks! Showcase your fav. posts or Top Ten (there is a gadget for this now) Create buttons for those to grab and or link back. I find that if a blog is to bright or busy or has to much going on, I am turned off. I have to be drawn to their blog the moment I click on it and it comes up. If I am not attracted right away I click away. (YOU know first impressions!) So spend time learning, Googeling, and creating a great feel and look for your blog that expresses you, and again is reader friendly.
- LINK LINK LINK- this IS SO IMPORTANT. link your projects and crafts up to linky parties there are so many out there right now. Just make sure you link back. I have and still link to at least 4-6 blog parties regularly. This is so important and gets you out there and gets you heard and noticed.
- Try to visit blogs and leave them comments when they comment on your post or blog or email you. Its important to stay in contact even if its brief with your followers. However, this does again get hard as your number goes up. Just be mindful of those who comment more often and/or ask you to check out their link etc.
- BE original & CREATIVE- There is so much inspiration out there that can get your juices flowing, and spark an idea. However, I think the most original ideas with great pics. are what really get you noticed and what will more then likely get you featured. So be original and creative as you can be.
- SUPPORT! Community, FB, TWEET. The more you link your blog the more you stay connected the better!
- Give CREDIT where CREDIT is due! You don't want to create enemies (so to speak) or not gain followers because you made something like somebody else's and you didn't give them credit. Its so important in the HUGE bloggy Craft world that you pay credit where its due. You won't gain friends or fans or followers if you are just a copy cat. It may sound mean but I am truly being honest here. Plus its offensive and hurts your feelings, when you see that someone copied you and didn't give you one OUNCE of credit.
SO A YEAR TODAY YA-HOO- CONFETTI, BALLOONS, PARTY... HOT GLUE GUNS, SNIP, CRACKLE, PAINT! Draw, create, Color, shape, Share, love, have fun! THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR SO MUCH LOVE AND SUPPORT. CRAFTOMANIAC WOULD BE NOTHING WITHOUT YOU ALL! hugs and loves- jen CraftoManiac.
OTHER GREAT HOW TO'S AND THINGS TO KNOW-
The Girl Creative- Bloggy Etiquette
A Girl and A Glue Gun- Some Bloggin Advice
have any specific questions please email me email@example.com